Rainbow

Rainbow

Thursday, August 27, 2015

P52 Week 34 - Disgust


I am disgusted by U.S. politics! And I can apply each and every synonym of disgust to describe my feelings: revulsion, repugnance, aversion, distaste, nausea, abhorrence, loathing, detestation, odium, horror. The political climate in America turns my stomach.

An image comes to me of Donald Trump as Nero, playing his fiddle while Rome burned.

I don’t want to go into all the particular ridiculousness of what’s happening with election campaigning. More than enough is being touted and I don’t want to add to the plethora of rhetoric.

I have a dream:

-       - An election campaign that is limited to six weeks, like in Britain.
-       - A party platform like one in Denmark that includes
o   Telling the truth
o   Transparency – where candidates freely disclose their mistakes
o   Prioritizing the short and long term needs of the community and the earth
-       - That the millions of dollars currently spent on campaigning are diverted into pre, perinatal and early childhood development, and into education – or at least to paying off the huge student loan debt.

It is sad but true that we, as a national collective, are supporting our current political climate. It could not exist otherwise.

What will it take to shift the American collective consciousness to a better functioning governing process? It is my dream that we will accomplish this.


What is your dream?





No comments:

Post a Comment