Rainbow

Rainbow

Sunday, January 6, 2019

GETTING IN TUNE WITH MY SELVES IN 2019



“I AM MY OWN ENTERTAINMENT CENTER*”
- Getting in Tune With My Selves in 2019
 *A quote by Krishnamurti to convey that with his meditation and awareness practices, he was constantly and joyously entertained. I use his quote here with some irony . . .

With an all-star cast of my inner selves.

In the car in the gym parking lot.

Everyday self: I found a parking spot. The lot’s not too empty, not too full. Oops, I forgot my glasses, but then I did pass the driving vision test, so that’s okay. I’ll only be in hot water if I have to read something.

Complaining self: oh, I’m aching to begin with. Why am I doing this? I’m not making any progress with my workouts.

In the gym.

Judge self: just do the work, whiner. Get on the damn rowing machine and don’t stop till you do 200 calories and 4,000 meters.

Zoned out self: doing the work. Getting through it. Football on the telly.

Vacillating self: should I weigh myself, or should I not?

Bummed out self: My weight’ll be up, I’m sure of it.

I weigh myself.

Judge self: 145 lbs. Christ almighty. You are hopeless, absolutely hopeless. All your striving over the past few weeks has been for naught. You will be a beached whale in Hawaii. Well done you nutter! You can’t keep on a program worth toffee.

Persistent self: do the work, just do the work.

Ring pulls

Sadist self: do more of them

Persistent self: do the work,

Push ups.

Sadist self: do more of them.

Persistent self: do the work, then do one-legged sit stands

Sadist self: do more of them

Judge self: even though you’re doing more of them, it’s not enough. It won’t make a difference.

Bummed out self: my hip is hurting today. Over the long haul, it hasn’t improved. Damn!

Persistant self: band pulls, just do it. And do the floor exercises. And now the stretches. Ouch! 

Encouraging self: you did it. You did a good workout.

Pessimistic self: you’ve done it before, and it hasn’t really helped. Why are you even bothering?

Bummed out self: and you are still limping.

In the car

Persistent self: go home. Eat light cause you are going out to dinner tonight.

Judge self: you need to do your laundry. You need to do your bills. You need to keep moving – do more exercise. You are not doing enough. You are not motivated enough. You are the same old, same old.

Analytic self: take a naproxen. You don’t have to have this much pain

In the shower



Judge self: you are in the shower too long

Nurturing self: stay in the shower, feel the heat on your back.

Creative self: Ah-ha! Write a play about your different parts. Use the Krishnamurti quote.


No comments:

Post a Comment