Rainbow

Rainbow

Friday, January 2, 2015

Intro to Project 52


P 52 is a project that my daughter and I have embarked on. Stephanie is a professional photographer http://www.stephanieelizabethimages.com/. She belongs to an organization called Clickin Moms that has created a program in which they send out a theme a week for a year and participant photographers submit a single shot incorporating that theme.

Stephanie invited me to participate with her. She’s well aware that I am an aspiring writer, attempting to finish and publish my memoir – I whinge enough about my struggles that it’s hard for her not to be aware! So she put out the challenge: “I’ll take the photo, Mom, and you write a page about the same theme. We won’t look at each other’s work until we have finished each week.”

OK. The gauntlet has been thrown! She even helped me to set up a blog to record my weekly musings. I’ve been wanting to write a blog for some time, figuring I have perspectives to share that a broader audience might be interested in hearing about. I haven’t taken the steps to get one going, even after I realized that agents and publishers look for author exposure – they only want to take on writers that already have significant market coverage, which I don’t.

So, thank you Stephanie, awesome and amazing daughter, for giving me the nudge to finally get that blog dream going.

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! I have added your blog to my news feed. I look forward to reading it every week.

    I hope the writing group is still going.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, Elizabeth. Way to go. I look forward to enjoying your musings and Steph's photography. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christy! Great to have you on board. Yes, the writing group is still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Blogsphere. May the Muses inspire you!

    ReplyDelete