Rainbow

Rainbow

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

P52 Week 51 & 52 -- The Beginning and The End

The Project 52 has come to a close. I am proud to have persevered to the end.

I am grateful to have shared this ambitious project with my incredibly talented daughter, Stephanie. Her photographs each week have touched me. They have rattled my creative cage.

I am grateful for the feedback I’ve received from friends and family who have read my posts. Thank you for taking the time to read and to let me know your thoughts. I have learned from your comments. I have grown by sharing in the worldwide community that has spanned the United States, my Aussie youth, and my Hungarian roots. 

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to hone my writing craft. Coming to a blank page every week has been daunting and sobering. I have rather startled myself that I been able to come up with a composition each week.

I am grateful to have learned a huge lesson: I could not have done P52 alone. I had to be accountable to Stephanie. I had to come through for her each and every week. Lord knows I’ve left so many projects undone for want of that reckoning.

I am fortunate to have that kind of support with my writing. Stephanie has kept me honest with the P52 project. My two stalwart writing buddies, Jack and Anne, have kept my nose to the grindstone of my memoir project for the past five years. Thank you! And for over two and a half years, Dave, teacher extraordinaire, mentor and partner, has received my emails tabulating my weekly writing progress. Thank you!


I don’t know how the blog will transform in 2016. Steph and I have bandied about some ideas. For now, I celebrate our achievement. Thank you, dear daughter, for throwing out the challenge. It has been my honor and privilege to embark on, to persevere, and to complete this epic odyssey with you. Two years ago you threw down the gauntlet for me to join you on the grueling climb to Mailbox Peak. Then last year you came up with the idea for us to do the Project 52. I shudder to think what you’ll suggest next . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment