Rainbow

Rainbow

Saturday, October 31, 2015

P52 Week 42 -- Hot

Free associating with hot . . .

The first “hot” trigger for me is a song – of course! “Too Darn Hot” by Cole Porter is a real beauty. Watch the YouTube clip of it with Anne Miller dancing – she’s brilliant! Listen to Ella Fitzgerald’s version of it –she’s brilliant! I think the lyrics of today’s songs are so graphic, but oh, how some of the lyricists back in the day could make songs sensual because they were subtly so.

Weather hot. I love the dog days of summer, much prefer it to cold. Give me a tropical beach over a ski slope any day. No contest!

Food temperature hot. I like hot foods better than cold. I could never subsist on a raw diet. Even salads and sushi take a backseat for me. I enjoy them occasionally but I never tire of a steaming bowl of soul soup, stews, grilled and sautéed meats, and vegetables.

Hot, as in spicy. I like a burning twist to my Mexican food – one of my favorite ethnic cuisines.

Hot – something very popular – like what’s hot on TV or in fashions or in the news. “Hot off the press.” Or a hot topic – like politics right now – Garr – that kind of hot I can do without.

Hot – attractive. Like he’s hot, or she’s hot. Yeah, I’m looking for a hot single guy around age 60, so if you know of one . . .


What comes to mind for you with “hot?”





No comments:

Post a Comment